I keep thinking that I need to blog a little bit, but nothing very big has really happened. So I'll just write about the random things that have been going on.
Last Saturday we went to Sushi with James and Miranda and a couple of
their friends. We ended up going to this all-you-can-eat place in
American Fork. It wasn't buffet style, and it was good. It was on the
expensive end of what we actually spend to go out to eat (plus there's a
sushi place in Orem), so we probably won't ever go there again, but it
was fun and James really wanted us to try it out.
We got Patrick's Christmas present in the mail on Monday. He had mailed it to Mom and Dad, and they added some things and forwarded it to us. He got us a mini ping pong table! It's a lot of fun. That was our family home evening activity on Monday. Mom and Dad sent us both socks, which is exciting. I like new socks. And Mom got me a pretty bracelet that I really like. Thanks Mom and Dad! (and Patrick, but he won't see this)
We finally got the last of our textbooks in the mail, so that's good. Now I just have to start reading them... I've been good about reading for geology, just not for my plant classes.
I started working out 3 days a week in the mornings. That has felt great. I've been sore for the last week and a half, but it means that I'm doing something good for myself. Usually when I try to get into shape I focus mainly on running, but I've been doing an even mix of using the tredmill and weights because I want to actually tone up a bit.
Spencer's new favorite thing is the BYU hitlist. It's a website that advertises for companies in the Provo area and you click for a number. You can win coupons and prizes if your number matches the next winning number. He swears that today is the day we will win the $200 gift card. And if it's not today, it will be tomorrow. :-) It's kind of a cool marketing idea. The companies pay to advertise on it and "pay" the audience in coupons and gift cards. We're going to go use our free 3 oz of frozen yogurt coupons tonight at Yogurtland!
Other than that I think we've just had school and work. Spencer and Ben started studying for the MCAT and will be taking it 4 months from today!! That's scary and exciting. Western Michigan and Central Michigan are both opening up brand new medical schools though, so we're happy about that and are feeling confident that we'll get in somewhere in Michigan, with 5 options there that we're planning on applying to. I think 4 of them have a PT school nearby.
We have a long weekend this weekend, so hopefully we'll find something fun to go do.
Nice to hear about good ol' student life. But what does this post have to do with modge podge? What is modge podge? I know what mod podge is, and I know what hodge podge is, but I'm not so sure about modge podge. I must be getting old!
ReplyDelete:P What are you even talking about?
DeleteApparently Spencer does not like new socks. He left one of his new socks in the bed here. I'll mail it to him at some point. :)
ReplyDelete