Friday, October 25, 2013

Sorry I haven't blogged.

This is why:
Besides an insane amount of schoolwork, I've done a couple nice things. A few weeks ago Miranda came over for a girl's night and we made some fun Halloween sugar cookies. :) I couldn't resist buying the cookie cutters at the store. Miranda and I had a nice time chatting while we cut out the cookies and baked them. Spencer helped us decorate them. I love Mom's sugar cookie recipe. This last Sunday Josh and Katy dropped by unexpectedly with Carrina. Our apartment was a complete disaster (midterms = me not doing anything useful around the house), but it was so nice to see them. Carrina is hilarious. Spencer was great and pitched in to help out with dinners and things that needed to be done. He always does, but I'm better at noticing and appreciating it when I'm being less helpful.

Now midterms are over. This semester I actually had all of my midterms during the same couple weeks and now I don't have any more tests for a while! So that's nice, now that all the craziness is done. Today I dropped Spencer off at the airport. He's spending the weekend with his family and Tuesday is the big interview day at Wayne State. He did have a phone interview with Western Michigan last week, but other than that we haven't heard anything new from schools. We're a little disappointed at the lack of additional interview offers, but at least there haven't been any more rejection letters. I'm sure he'll do great in his interview, but I'm going to miss him this weekend. I have some things planned to keep me busy though.


2 comments:

  1. Mom used to kick me out of the kitchen when the decorating was going on, so I'd go watch football instead. Spencer if you call me, I'll tell you the secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Would you just eat them plain? I only think decorating cookies is fun for like 5 cookies. Then I'm over it, so Spencer has to do the rest.

      Delete