While Spencer was away for his interview last weekend, I didn't do a whole lot. Actually, I got some cleaning done around the house, including giving the shower a thorough scrub-down, so that was good. On Friday night I had my friend Alison over. Her husband was out of town for the weekend, too. We had dinner together and talked for a while. It was fun, and it was good to have some company. She's pregnant, too, so we had lots to talk about. On Sunday, James and Miranda had me over for dinner after church, which was very nice of them. I made some breadsticks to go with the game hens they made. Chicken still isn't usually appetizing, so I just ate one tiny chicken leg. :) But it was fun to see them, and I could tell the chicken would have been really yummy to me if I wasn't pregnant.
A few people have asked me how Spencer's interview went, so I figured I should mention that on here. Spencer said he felt good about his interview. I didn't really talk to him about it very much until the drive back from the airport. The building that he would be in for all of his classes and things is still under construction, but they got a tour of it. It sounds like they will have some really cool things incorporated into the building and the curriculum. The school is quite expensive at $50,000 a year, but it sounds like they are going to try to spread out the scholarship money to help more students by not offering full-tuition scholarships. It is associated with Western Michigan University, which is a state school, but the medical college itself is private. Kalamazoo sounds like a nice place to live, and if we end up there I think we'll be happy. We're supposed to hear back from them within 4 weeks, and hopefully it'll be good news! If we got offers from more than one school, we're not entirely sure which one we'd choose.
Spencer got to spend Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning with his family. It sounds like they had fun being together, and Spencer was fed very well. :) I was sad that I couldn't go, too. Pretty soon we'll live so close!
Last night (Monday), we had Ben and Sydney over for dinner. It was so fun to see them again, and the chicken tikka masala was super good. :) I was happy to find that the chicken wasn't gross to me. I ate a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment