I'm still feeling good. I've felt something here and there that I'm assuming is baby, but it's not consistent yet. It feels like a muscle twitching for a second or two, then it goes away. They say that baby can hear outside sounds now, so I broke out the good old guitar again. It's been forever since I've played, so I don't have any callouses on my fingers and I've forgotten a lot. I want to learn some kids songs and lullabies though, so I've been practicing a little.
There's not much else to write about as far as the pregnancy goes. My appetite is pretty normal. I'm still not very keen on chicken, but my other food aversions are gone now. To be honest, I wasn't always very keen on it before I got pregnant anyway. I don't feel like I eat more than I did before, and I don't feel like I'm hungry all the time. I do keep snacks on hand though, like fruit or yogurt. Or cupcakes muffins. (Not really. I just made a batch last weekend and Spencer and I kept calling them muffins because we ate them for breakfast.)
I think about the baby a lot. It's hard not to when you've got an ever-growing belly to remind you. :) Sometimes we talk to him/her, but mostly as a joke. I know some people bond with their babies by talking to their bellies, but I mostly feel silly for talking to my belly. Spencer talks about the baby more often now, too, and it makes me happy.
Oh! The other weekend I went shopping by myself to look for a dress for graduation. I wanted something new to wear for graduation and I'm kinda running out of Sunday clothes that fit, so I figured it would be good to add a maternity dress to my wardrobe. Well, I went to a couple of stores and I finally found one that I kinda liked at Old Navy. By the way, Old Navy has like the tiniest corner as a "maternity section". Anyway, the dress didn't have sleeves, so I'd need a cardigan with it. Then I tried it on with a cardigan and I felt like it just looked stupid. By this point I'd been shopping for like 2 hours and I just started crying in the fitting room. Because shopping is hard enough when you're 6 feet tall and need things to be knee length and have sleeves for modesty. Add a pregnant belly and it's almost impossible and everything looks frumpy and stupid. I just put everything away and went home. Spencer wasn't quite sure what to say when he asked what was wrong and I unloaded all of that. ...hormones...
Last weekend Sydney went with me for a second try. She helped me find a cute dress AND I found a maternity swimsuit that I really love. So it's not impossible, and having a friend there helps. Especially one who will just keep bringing stuff to your fitting room for you try on.
I'll add the picture later tonight. If I think about it.

Dressing rooms can be dangerous if you stay there too long.. :( But I'm glad you got to find a dress with Sydney! You are really beautiful Abbey! :)
ReplyDelete