On Friday night after work Spencer and I went over to Ben and Sydney's place for a birthday dinner. Nate came too, but Laura wasn't feeling well. Sydney ( and Ben?) made this awesome dinner for us. There was a chicken dish over rice, yummy baked cauliflower, super good melon balls, and some rolls Nate brought. For dessert she made triple berry muffins. It was way better than whatever we would have made for dinner. :-)
Nate was so thoughtful and brought me a couple presents. He gave me a book on CD to borrow for our trip. And he made us promise we'd listen to it. Haha. It's called Born to Run. He says it's the best book ever written, but he also said Real Steel was the best movie ever made. And he got me a model car to build and paint with Spencer as a bonding activity. Haha. I think it was sitting around in his apartment. I do plan on building it someday though. Maybe I'll give the finished car to him in his birthday.
Nate left after dinner to go check on Laura, and we had a fun time hanging out with Ben and Sydney for a whole. I really hope Ben and Spencer end up at the same med school. It would be fun for Sydney and I.
Micah True / Caballo Blanko, the guy in Born To Run just died recently. There's a 9 page article in the NY Times about him right now:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/21/sports/caballo-blancos-last-run-the-micah-true-story.html?_r=1&hp&gwh=2C96CA31EEE1958C7F20CFD877FE9C19
I saw that article already. :)
ReplyDelete