Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome to our blog!

First thing's first. Disclaimer: I'm not a very consistent blogger, which is why I gave up on my last one. I'll try to do better at it this time, but no promises.


Spencer and I met almost two years ago at new student orientation at BYU. Little did I know that 18 months later we'd be getting married. On December 21, 2011 we were married in the Chicago LDS temple for time and eternity, and we are as happy as can be! I've heard people say that the first year of marriage is the hardest, and if that's true, we've got it made. ;-) 

We both have two years left here at BYU, after which the plan is medical school for Spencer and physical therapy (PT) school for me. Spencer's studying microbiology and I'm studying physiology and developmental biology. Our majors are fairly similar, which means we get to take a lot of classes together. Over the last two years I think we've had 15 classes together, and a few more where we've been enrolled in the same class with different professors. We're study buddies. I'm pretty sure that if we weren't in chemistry together freshman year we wouldn't have gotten married because all we ever did was study together. It was great. This spring we are taking a break from school. I'm working full time, and Spencer is working part time and volunteering in a research lab on campus.

In two weeks we'll be taking a road trip back to Michigan and I am so excited! We'll be spending about a week in Grand Haven and a week in Ironwood, and have 60 hours of driving along the way. I'm getting into my planning and checklist-making mode now. Time to start writing packing lists, book-on-CD lists (that one's done), snacks-for-in-the-car lists, and lists of things to do while we're there!

That's pretty much our life right now. We'll try to keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment