I feel like I'm not very good at being 20. Starting a little on my birthday, and then getting worse until Wednesday I've been a little bit sick. Mostly just a runny/stuffy nose and sneezing a lot and being kind of achey, but yesterday it was awful. I got almost a full 8 hours of sleep Tuesday night (plus a two hour nap I took after dinner!) and I woke up super tired and achey and sick. So I emailed my boss to tell him I wouldn't be in that morning. I slept for another 4 hours until Spencer came back the lab on campus, and made myself get up and take a hot shower. I went into work for the afternoon, but I just felt tired all day. By the end of the night I was starting to feel a little better, and today I feel almost back to normal, so that's good. I've felt pretty useless and not fun. Hopefully I'll have more energy now so we can get everything ready to leave on our trip.
Spencer's been awesome this week. I haven't made dinner all week! On Monday it was my birthday so he made me tacos. Then on Tuesday neither of us felt like making dinner so we went out to eat at a Chinese place we like. Yesterday I took a snooze while Spencer made some really good chicken and beans for us. He's a better cook than I am. I can follow a recipe and make a good meal, but he's better at making stuff up in the kitchen. He says it's just because he's not as worried about messing something up. That might be true, but it almost always turns out really good! ;-) Besides making dinner, Spencer's done lots of stuff around our apartment when I'm at work or at Sabrina's working on my dress. He's the best.
Speaking of the dress project, it's going really well. We're still hopeful that we'll get it done by next Wednesday. I worked on it Tuesday and Wednesday nights. We finished the bodice and put the sleeves on! They look pretty good, in my opinion. I'm going to work on it some more this Saturday then hopefully we'll just have the skirt and zipper left.
On Monday for my birthday we didn't to a whole lot. Spencer made me dinner, like I said, and then we went to Lowes to buy some things for a little garden. We got a watermelon plant, a cherry tomato plant, and some bean seeds. The watermelon might not get enough sun where it's at, but we'll see what happens with it. I'll just be happy if nothing dies. :-) After we planted our garden we watched Real Steel together. It was a really fun evening.
So, it's been one of those weeks that feel like they'll never end, but somehow it's already Thursday. Sydney found out it was my birthday from Facebook and then insisted that we have a birthday party for me this Friday. :-) That should be fun. I always like hanging out with Ben and Sydney and Nate and Laura. And maybe my present from Spencer will arrive by then. Haha. I don't mind that it's a little late.
Someday I'll take more pictures and actually add the ones I have taken to a couple other posts. Thanks for reading my ramblings.
If you change the font on your blog to something that's easier to read, I'll give you a dollar. :-)
ReplyDeleteHaha, Michael. I like this font!
ReplyDeleteNot to criticize your new husband, but for a first birthday married...sort of an epic fail. Someone else made the cake, you do yard work, and his present is late? Don't worry, he'll get better if you keep working on it.
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteMichael can I have your dollar?!
ReplyDelete