Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Top of the Hill... Finally

This Spring one of our goals has been to get back into shape. Preferably the kind of shape I was in back in high school, but I'd settle for being able to just run a 5k without stopping. Anyway, we live on this hill over toward the mountains. It's a long hill, and it's fairly steep. This week we got to the top of it. Without stopping. The first day that we ran I made maybe halfway up the hill, and each time we ran I made myself go at least one streetlight further. Yeah, I measure the distance in streetlights because looking at the actual distance would probably be depressing and besides, it's  uphill so the actual distance doesn't really count. Right? One day we just finished walking to the top before we ran back down to see how far it went and I thought I'd never be able to make it all the way, but we did! We made it all the way to the top and I almost died on Tuesday, and then yesterday we made it all the way to the top and ran back down the other side and finished the loop to our house with out stopping! I was so proud of myself. As you might have guessed, I've been the one setting the pace and distance on these runs. I'm sure Spencer would have gone longer if he ran by himself, but that's okay. Also, Spencer said that it's about .6 miles to the top of the hill. Now we just have to keep working up to that 5k distance. We pay ourselves 25 cents each time we run just to keep the motivation up. It's our movie and date money. :-)

2 comments:

  1. .6 miles to the top of the hill?! that's it?! Abbey... Abbey Abbey Abbey. Me and my roommate are going to train to be able to run to the Y from our dorms without stopping! :P
    Love yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I like the pay to exercise idea!

    ReplyDelete