Christmas was wonderful! Of course I waited for a week and a half to write this post, so I'll see what I can still remember. I absolutely love Christmas at our house, and this year I think we broke the record for the most presents under (around) a tree. Seriously, people.
We all got up and managed to get ready in the one bathroom upstairs before the kids got too anxious to get downstairs. In our house nobody is allowed downstairs to see the stockings and presents (all the bedrooms are upstairs) until everyone is dressed and ready to go. It makes for nicer looking Christmas morning pictures. :-) We get our stockings and pass out all of the presents, then go around opening one at a time so everyone can see what everyone else got. It took us 2 hours this year! The traditional Christmas breakfast at our house has always been pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream, scrambled eggs, and bacon/sausage. I love it.
We got lots of new games, which is exciting because we do play games whenever we get together with friends. Mom and Dad got us an awesome blender just before we left Utah. Seriously, that thing can blend anything. I'm excited to try some of the recipes that came with it. I had a really hard time with Christmas shopping this year. I ended up getting Spencer some headphones, and he got me a nice snuggly sweatshirt. We got lots of other things, including a good amount of Christmas candy, of course.Oh, and Auntie Janny got us the Joy of Cooking, so we tried our hand at making baguettes while we were still in Ironwood. That book has everything in it.
Anyway, Christmas morning was busy and a little chaotic and great. For the rest of the day we hung out and played with the kids. We got to Skype with all of Spencer's family, including Patrick, who is gone serving his mission for our church in Eugene, Oregon. Next Christmas we are hoping to get the whole family together for a family reunion/vacation. I'm hoping we go somewhere warm.
The next day AnnaMarie and Tyler left and Michael and Caroline arrived. We opened presents again with them. I finished up the Moore kids' aprons over Thanksgiving break, and they seemed to like them. I had a lot of fun making them and I hope the boys don't get too cool for them too fast. They were a great project for me to relax and take my mind off of school on Sundays.
And the pictures! (In no particular order)
 |
| We did our "make-up". I love all these girls! |
 |
| Can you believe how HUGE that pile of presents was?? |
 |
| We made this for Christy's basketball game. It got her to laugh during her game, so I'd say it was a success. |
 |
| Sugar Cookies! |
 |
| I love our Christmas staircase. |
 |
| AnnaMarie teaching Katie and Jane how to play mousetrap. They loved it. |
 |
| Christy got Aiden laughing so hard by swinging him back and forth like this. |
 |
| we did lots of this and it was great! Nice headphones, huh? :) |
 |
| Sophie and her fishy apron! |
 |
| Lots of snuggles. |
 |
| Janny gave us some money to go to her friend's shop so we picked up some giant candy necklaces for the kids. |
|
 |
| And vido games. |
 |
| Calvin's shark! |
 |
| I'm pretty proud of this octopus. |
No comments:
Post a Comment