Last Saturday we spent the day doing homework and the usual stuff, and then James and Miranda invited us over for dinner! It was very thoughtful of them, and the pork chops they made were really good. Thanks, guys! We hung out for a while, and went out to get ice cream together after dinner. That was a good choice. It was like a double date.
Oh, and we found out that scheduling for that muscle experiment isn't going to work out for us, so we're not doing it anymore.
Sunday was nice. I was asked to come to church early so they could extend a calling to me. I've been asked to be a visiting teaching supervisor. So, that should be good. Hopefully I can find a way to get my district (usually 8 or 10 women) together and excited about visiting teaching. I know it's really important, but it's not like I've been perfect at it in the past. Church was nice. I spent a good part of my weekend writing a paper for my New Testament class about the Atonement, and it seemed like the things I studied went hand in hand with the lessons in Church on Sunday. Maybe that's just because it was on my mind a lot.
Mikayla flew in last night (Tuesday), so we picked her up and took her out to eat at Applebee's. She'll be heading into the MTC in about an hour! (I'm in class right now, so I've already said goodbye to her.) She has been called to serve as a full time missionary for our church for 18 months in the Las Vegas West mission. I'm really excited for her. I think she will have some amazing experiences and she'll be able to touch so many lives. She is understanding and compassionate, and she has a strong testimony. Spencer had to work for a couple hours this morning, so Mikayla and I went to iHop for some breakfast! They give a free meal to people heading into the MTC that day. It was a bit of an adventure finding it, no thanks to our GPS. We ended up on the freeway, and a lot of "recalculating" and a couple u-turns later we got there. The food was good and our waiter gave us both free hot chocolates!
We picked Spencer up from work and headed back to our apartment for a little bit. We played some mini golf (the card game, but with mini cards... get it? Mini golf? hahahahahaha). Then we skyped with Mom and Dad for a little while. Now I'm in class, and Spencer and Mikayla are going to get lunch at Zupas, then he'll drop her off at the MTC!! We'll miss her.
| Hot Chocolate at iHop |
| Mini golf! Get it? Playing golf with mini cards. haha. |
![]() |
| Mikayla and Abbey saying bye |
![]() |
| Spencer and Mikayla at the MTC drop off |


No comments:
Post a Comment