Thanksgiving break was so wonderful! We had to work on Wednesday morning, so we had our car all packed up and hit the road around 12:30. We drove down to Arizona to spend the week with AnnaMarie and the Ferrell family! We went through Flagstaff, AZ and hit a closed road. We called Tyler and 40 miles later we were back on track. We finally got there around 11:15. It's a long drive, and since it gets dark so early the last half of it felt like an eternity. We stayed up and chatted with AnnaMarie and Tyler for a while then went to bed.
Oh, and Spencer got an email from Wayne state before we left on Wednesday. He's been placed in the alternate category, but we don't know where in that category he is ranked. Hopefully we'll hear better news from them in the future. We're hoping for a couple more interview offers from other schools this month. So, we're disappointed, but still hopeful.
On Thursday when I got up, Katie and Jane were SO excited to see me! They were really excited to see Spencer when he got up, too. The boys warmed up to us pretty quickly and we had a nice day of playing with the kiddos and feeling useless because apparently there was nothing we could help with. Thanksgiving lunch was fantastic, and we all ate way too much. Tyler and his brother deep fried a turkey for us AND his parents roasted one. I think there were like 15 pounds of leftover turkey.
Spencer went shooting with all the boys on Friday in the morning, and then the girls went out for our own outing. We went to a little bakery for a treat, then we decide to do a little bit of shopping for student teaching clothes for me! It was really successful, and that's fantastic. I got 4 skirts, 2 cardigans, and a couple tops. Now all I need to get for student teaching is a couple pairs of good shoes and a few more blouses. We spent lots of time playing with the kids on Friday, too. It was really nice.
We all went to the temple on Saturday morning, and that was so good. It's been a while since Spencer and I have gone. Plus, I found out that my temple recommend expired at the end of November (I thought it was December), so I need to set up some interview appointments before James and Miranda's wedding. Anyway, the rest of Saturday was just spent hanging out and eating. We went to lunch at Red Lobster, and later we went to dinner at a BBQ place that was really good.
We left on Sunday morning, finally getting back into Provo around 8pm. We weren't awesome about doing homework over break, so we are both kind of paying for that this week. It was worth it, though. It was so much fun to see AnnaMarie and Tyler and the kids are hilarious. The twins were a blast, and Aiden especially loved Spencer. The girls are fun, and they pretty much just do their own thing now. Jane would sometimes sit with me and jabber about stuff. That's fun.
So, we're back. One week of class left, not counting today. I think I'm done with all my homework assignments and papers. I just have quizzes and finals left! So, that's it for now. I didn't take any pictures over break, but I might add some from AnnaMarie at some point.
No comments:
Post a Comment