I still don't have much to complain about as far as symptoms go. I have gotten a lot bigger in the last few weeks, and I spend a lot of my day trying to be more comfortable. Unfortunately, being comfortable and getting useful things done do not go hand in hand. I really need to get this new condo all organized before she comes though, so I'm keeping busy most of the time. Or I decide to blog, because that's productive too, right? haha.
I have gotten a lot of compliments on how I look for being 8 months along. Everyone who comments says how small I am, and that's very nice of them. I usually have a hard believing it, but it's still nice to hear. It's hard sometimes to see your body change so much and so quickly. Amazing, yeah, but most of the changes aren't as welcome as the little one that's growing in there. :)
On the other hand, we are getting so excited to meet our baby girl. No, we haven't picked a name yet. In fact, we've decided not to pick until we're at the hospital and have to make it official. Whenever I think we've picked for sure, I end up not liking the name a few days later. Even if we did pick, we wouldn't tell you. Just in case we change our minds.
She wiggles a LOT now. She has been for a few months now. Her favorite place to hang out is on the right side, so sometimes I can see that my stomach is lopsided from her leaning that way. She is usually sitting (not really sitting, but I can't think of a better word) in a way that puts pressure on the right side of my ribcage. Sometimes I poke her until she moves over. Or I just squish her whole little body to the left. She's supposed to be over 5 pounds now.
Here are some things that I think about now:
- I wonder what she'll look like. Will she look like me or like Spencer? Will I even be able to tell if she looks more like a Moore or a Thornock? I'm sure people will tell us anyway. :)
- Will she have any hair? (If she does, we all know it'll be from the Thornock side.)
- I think a lot about what that moment will be like after all the hard work is over and I get to see her for the first time. I think I'll probably cry. I hope one of the nurses will take a picture for us.
- I hope Spencer's not in the middle of an exam or something when it's time to go to the hospital.
- I wonder if/how I will be strong enough to have her. Pain isn't exactly something I've had a ton of experience with, and I don't think I have a very high tolerance level. Sometimes stubbing my toe makes me want to cry.
- I hope she's strong and healthy and ready to come right home with us.
- I have no idea what to expect for the recovery, so I keep wondering what other things I need to do before she comes. Freezer meals and making sure I'm caught up with cleaning is all I can really think of.
- I need to buy diapers and pack a hospital bag at some point... how early do I do that?
- I think a lot about the responsibility that we are taking on as parents. I pray a lot that we will be ready. I feel God's love for her and am amazed that he is putting her in our care. Then I feel His reassurance that He will help us take care of her.
- I hope that she always feels loved, because she certainly is.
No comments:
Post a Comment