Monday, December 22, 2014

Grand Haven

The semester ended well for Spencer. He studied a LOT the week or so leading up to his final exam, and I did my best to leave him to his studies. That's really hard for me, in case you were wondering. After his lecture final on Monday and his anatomy final on Tuesday, he had lectures (on things like ethics and physician burnout - stuff that's not really curriculum, but good for med students to learn about) for the rest of the week. On Friday, we took off for Grand Haven and got there in time for dinner. It always takes longer than I think to get everything packed and ready to go for a trip.

Our stay in Grand Haven was so nice. It was fun to relax all together. I should have blogged while I was there, but I didn't so I'll just add all the pictures and mention a few things we did. :) The pictures are the best part anyway. 

Melanie helped Spencer study for his finals.

She was very impressed by the Christmas tree, and started at it every time we were in that room.

Choir practice at church.

When Melanie needed to be walked around, Sister Finkley volunteered. I'm not sure who was more pleased. :)

Listening attentively to Grandma.

As a Christmas gift to mom and dad, we un-wallpapered, primed, and painted their bathroom. I didn't take a before or an after, just this during. It had pink and green floral wallpaper, which I am sure was the height of interior design fashion at one point. ;) Now it has a lovely light purple (almost white) coat of painERoIt looked so fresh and clean when we were done!

Melanie had a bath in the sink because the upstairs bathroom was being repainted.

We also made some salt dough ornaments using her little hand and footprints. they turned out really well. I'll have to get the picture off my phone.



Rocking out to some Jack Johnson.


We made a gingerbread house.




The Sunday prior to Christmas Melanie wore the dress that Grandma made for her. It was very cute and fit her perfectly.



on Sunday night we open Christmas presents that were to or from us.





Melanie's gift from us was this little giraffe. She seems to like it.

we got all sorts of stuff including a new car seat for Melanie when she outgrows her carrier. We also got some movies, some toys for Melanie, some reusable hand warmers, and sweaters. Oh, and socks! I love getting socks for Christmas.
 Melanie got this awesome minion hat. I absolutely love it and everyone comments on it.
Patrick got her this adorable brown teddy bear which she loves. She loved Patrick too.

Isn't the sweater grandma got for Melanie just so adorable?

One night, we had a family night where we talked about the life of Christ and the important things that he's done for us. It was really nice.
Josh, Katy, Carrina, and Collin came in a day early so we got to see them for a few minutes at night before everyone went to bed. I was so glad we had some overlap with them and I hope we get to see them in February when Mikayla gets off of her mission.

Grandma and Grandpa with all three of their grandbabies. Melanie, Carrina, and Collin.


We even got a big group shot. We used the timer on my camera. :)


Collin is much faster than Melanie. It was fun to see them together, though she didn't stand a chance of not being clobbered. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment