It's that time of year again. Today was the first day of class, and I can tell already that this is going to be one busy semester. I'm taking 19 credits, and Spencer is taking organic chemistry. Among other things. I think we'll survive. I was feeling a little unprepared and anxious last night, but before we left for school Spencer gave me a blessing. I'm so grateful that he can do that for me.
My education class got off to a good start. It's only a first-block class, and two of the weeks will be spent in classrooms observing. The other weeks will be spent learning how to teach effectively and stuff. Our first assignment is to make a 10 to 12 minute lesson plan on any topic in life sciences to teach tomorrow. We have to specify what grade level it would be for and they're gonna take a video of us. At the end of the semester we'll teach the same lesson again and be able to see our progress. I'm thinking about doing punnet squares or something, but it's hard to remember how in depth a high school biology class goes. It should be fun. Actually, I really hate being video taped.
Animal diversity sounds like it will be a pretty good class. It's being team-taught, and both professors seemed really passionate about what they do, so that's always good. It also has potential to be a really boring class, but that just depends on how much I enjoy the subject matter. It has a lot to do with evolution and phylogeny. I heard the lab for that class has dissections each week though.
I'm taking intro to bioorganic chemistry, too. I keep thinking it will be so easy because it's not o-chem (it will be easy compared to o-chem), but it is a 4 credit class, so I think I'll have my work cut out for me there. The professor seems really nice though, and she had good reviews on rate my professor.
The last class I had today was bioethics. I think this class will probably have some dull reading, but we're going to cover some pretty interesting topics. I like learning about the different aspects of ethical issues (like medical ethics, research stuff, and things like abortion), and they are definitely issues I don't want to be ignorant of. Which I kind of am right now for most of them. Besides, a good ethical debate is always fun.
I'm not really sure how Spencer's classes went, because we only saw each other for a little while to eat lunch and he had to work on an assignment that was due (due on the first day of class.. dumb) so we didn't get to talk very much. So, now I'm at work and Spencer has work, then class until 7. There's nothing to do at work at the moment so I thought I'd update this and then take a look at what I need to do for that lesson plan assignment. Here's to a fresh start and my junior year of college!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYay! What a great time in life.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all your classes! I know you'll study hard though and do great!
ReplyDelete