Anyway, school is done. :-) So that's nice. Spencer and I both did well on our final for anatomy. He did 1% better than I did, but that's alright. We're not actually competitive with our grades. For the next couple of weeks we just have work and hanging out with everyone. Benjamin and James are moving into our 1 bedroom basement apartment tonight. That should be
This post is really random, and I'm not actually talking about much, so sorry. I'm at work with absolutely nothing to do. It's been really slow this week.
AnnaMarie's post about doing her grocery shopping once a month got me thinking. Actually, that's not quite true. Her post got me looking at someone else's blog about how to grocery shop for a whole month, which then led me to a post about doing your cooking just once a month, and THAT got me thinking. So, in a round about way, it was AnnaMarie's post. Basically, I've been thinking about how I have 3 evening classes a week this fall, and Spencer has 1, so we'll be on campus late 4 days a week. I really have a hard time feeling motivated to make a nice dinner when we get home at 7 or 8 and I'm starving and we have homework to do. So, what do we do? We either eat something fast (and super unhealthy) like mac&cheese or sandwiches or quesadillas. Or we pick up a pizza from Little Caesars. I hate it. It doesn't help me feel healthy, and I have a hard time making time to workout when classes get rolling anyway. So, I was thinking it would be great to make like 6 dinners worth of freezer meals every other weekend. We'd just have to pop it in the oven and it would still be a good meal. BUT, we have a teeny tiny itsy bitsy freezer. If only all my good ideas didn't cost money. We'd have to buy a little freezer, which cost too much. Maybe we'll get lucky and find someone selling one on craigslist for a good price. Until then, we barely have enough freezer space for our bag of frozen chicken and our ice cube tray. (Sometimes a thing of ice cream.) I could probably still fit like one or two meals in if I'm careful about how much frozen meat we keep in there and never have ice cream, but there won't be any big-scale multi-meal preps going on unless we get a little freezer. Oh, the life of a frugal college student.
Just make a nice meal on Sunday, like lasagna, and freeze half. We still do that, since I'd rather have a freezer meal than 3 days of leftovers of the same thing. Most soups also freeze well, and you can do them in individual serving containers or something.
ReplyDeleteGood call on not doing the slipcovers.