I've fallen behind on my blogging again, so here's a catch up post.
A couple Fridays ago Bishop Anderson and his wife invited us and 3 other couples to their home for dinner. It was so nice of them! Their home is absolutely beautiful. Seeing real homes always makes me excited for the day that we'll have one of our own. Dinner was delicious and it was a lot of fun to get to know the other couples and Bishop and Sister Anderson better. We all shared our stories about how we met.
I have this ecology project that I have to take a bunch of pictures of ecological processes for, so on Saturday we drove out to Bridal Veil Falls. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we had a good time walking around. I was a dummy and didn't think to charge the camera before we left, but I did grab the extra battery on the way out the door. About 5 minutes after we got there the camera battery died and I found out that the extra wasn't charged. It all worked out though because we had our iPad with us (we were trying unsuccessfully to use a GPS app), so I used that instead. Finding wildlife was pretty unsuccessful, but I think I got some usable pictures of plants.
That Sunday was Easter. It was pretty low-key around here this year. We didn't do easter baskets or eggs or anything. We kind of decided to save the money instead, and we had a busy week leading up to it, so we didn't really plan for it anyway. We invited Josh, Benjamin, and our friend Dan over for dinner. James and Miranda were up at her parents' house, so they were taken care of. Katy was out of town with her family, but Josh stayed because of school and work. We had homemade scalloped potatoes, rolls, game-hens, and some french silk pie. The game hens were good, but they took forever to cook so we ate later than we had planned. We actually had the pie first because everyone was getting hungry. It was nice to spend the evening with friends and family.
This last weekend was General Conference!! Can I just say that I absolutely love conference weekend? It's such a nice break from the craziness of school and life. We stayed home, slept in, and had yummy breakfasts while we listened to the morning sessions. It was an awesome spiritual recharge and I loved the talks this conference. (I think I say that every conference) The speakers went back to the basics and bore very strong testimonies of Christ. I felt peace about some questions I have been pondering, and I felt a reassurance of God's love and concern for me. I am so grateful for the direction we receive every 6 months from living prophets and apostles to guide us through this world full of distractions and ever-changing morals. I love this church.
This week is the last full week of class. Next Wednesday and Thursday are reading days, and I'll be done with finals next Saturday! It's very exciting, but it also means we have a lot of studying ahead of us in the next week and a half.
Oh! And I cut my hair! I think everyone's seen this already, but here it is anyway. It's very different, but I like it so far. :) I was kind of terrified when she was cutting my bangs.
So there you go. I know you were all dying to hear what's been going on in our lives. Time for me to get some sleep!

Nice. And don't wait until you have a real home to enjoy it. You'll love all of your homes along the way for different reasons. Mostly the memories you make in them.
ReplyDeleteI love your haircut. And your thoughts about Conference.
Take good care of that Spencer guy.
YOU LOOK AWESOME!
ReplyDelete