Anyway, we got into Minneapolis late. I was starving, so I was very happy that AnnaMarie had picked up a big box of tacos from Taco Bell. I ate 4. We chatted for a while then went to bed. James and Miranda got to see each other for the first time in weeks, so they stayed up later.
The next morning the we got to see the kids. The girls were so excited to see us. That's always fun for me. :-)
Caroline picked up Marianne, Seth, and William from the airport and came over with Calvin, Sophie, and sweet little Hannah. Ryan was at school. Hannah gives the best snuggles. It was so fun to see Jack, Aiden, and William together.
Spencer played this map puzzle with the Jane and Sophie for a while.
Sophie wanted me to read to her, and then Jane and Katie joined in.
Adien's a fun kid. He loved being up on my shoulders. Jack didn't.
Spencer and Tyler got to drive together with all of the stuff we were bringing to the cabin. AnnaMarie and I drove with these 5. (Katie and Jane are on either side of Calvin.) Jack and Aiden slept for most of the ride, and the three in the back listed to books on CD, so AnnaMarie and I had some time to chat.
This is the cabin we rented. The picture is taken from the dock. We had a teeny bit of beach and a paddle boat. Michael and Caroline brought a canoe and all the fishing gear we could handle.
There was a nice firepit, a great yard, and a nice, big deck. We pretty much just spent the week hanging out.
We had campfires. (And talks with pyromaniac Calvin about campfire safety.)
We ate a lot. On our meal day, Spencer and I made chicken tikka masala. I was a little nervous that people wouldn't like it, but everyone seemed to. Here is the recipe for anyone who wants it, by the way.
Michael and I went fishing and caught 2 each! It was a bigger deal until everyone else started catching like 5 a day. Michael brought home a LOT of frozen fish fillets.
James and Miranda enjoyed the lake. For about 2 minutes before running back to the hot tub. I didn't bother getting into the lake. It wasn't hot enough outside for it to be comfortable for me.
More Hannah.
Spencer caught lots of fish. Like 20. Seriously.
Hey, look! More fish! Everyone is showing how many of them they caught.
Checking out the fish mouths.
After the vacation was over we were back at AnnaMarie and Tyler's for an evening. Jack just looked so cute sitting there eating his pretzels. :-)
This vacation was so perfect. I only ran away to hide by myself once in the whole week. The kids were really good. The adults got to spend time together in the evenings thanks to early bed times. Marianne and I were successful in completing a dress for Christy in our week there. I hope it fits her alright. It's cute, but I didn't get a picture of it. We ate as many s'mores as we wanted. The food was great, and each person only had to do dishes for one day. Of course, the help was appreciated when it wasn't your turn, but you didn't have to. We finally got to meet William and Hannah. It was sad not to have Benjamin there, but he'll be home just in time for the next Moore family vacation! We love our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment