Well, I haven't taken any pictures since we moved. I should have, but I kept leaving my camera at home. Sorry. On the 4th of July we went spent most of the day unpacking our apartment, but we squeezed a few festivities in. Well, I made Spencer go to them with me, really. We went to the parade here in Provo with Josh and Katy and Carrina. We actually just ran from our apartment. It's less than 2 miles and we didn't want to deal with traffic. In the evening we went to Katy's parent's house. Their neighborhood all gets together to do fireworks together. In Utah it is legal to buy aerial fireworks, and a couple of them got tipped over and shot off into the people sitting around. It was kinda scary. Everyone was okay, but one guy had a hole burned through his shirt. It was nice to go watch and hang out though. We didn't watch the stadium fireworks. We figured we'd be too far away for them to be very good, so we just headed home and to bed. We had class the next morning, after all.
On Friday night Dr. Wilcox (my boss) invited us over for dinner. His son, who I also work with, and daughter-in-law were also there. His wife made some really good fajitas, fruit salad, and homemade peach ice cream. It was heavenly. After dinner we played some games all together. It was a fun night, and it was so nice of them to invite us over!
That's about all that's been happening lately. We've had classes and work to keep us busy. We tried out our new ward on Sunday. It was good, but when would you ever go to church and come home saying it was terrible? :-) I want to have a couple over for dinner every Sunday so we can get to know people in this ward. Besides, if you invite people over for dinner, you'll probably start getting invited over other places. We're not the best at making friends, so I'm trying to work on it right off the bat in our new ward.
Way to think socially. That was nice to be invited to your boss' house. And did you literally run to the parade?
ReplyDeleteYeah, we actually ran there. But I'm not in very good shape, so we probably only ran half of it. :)
Delete