Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Perfect Weekend


This last weekend was so good. I just wanted to do it all again monday morning instead of starting another week of class. On Friday after work we went camping with Josh, Katy, Carrina, Mikayla, and James. I ran to the grocery store after work to get some things, then ran home to cut the watermelon and pack all of our stuff. When Spencer got out of class I picked him up, then we picked James up, and convinced our car to drive all the way up the mountain. :-) Josh and Katy found a really nice, free spot up by squaw peak. A little after we got there, Mikayla got into town and joined us. It was beautiful up there, plus we were high enough up in the mountains that it was nice and cool at night. We had hot dogs, watermelon, and chips for dinner. It rained a little that night, but by morning it was clear again.


 No campsite is complete without a pack'n'play. There wasn't really any grass, so it was nice that they had it for Carrina. Plus, there was a random pile of old bones and a not-so-old deer leg laying around the campsite. Gross. We were sure to put all the food in the car before we went to bed so cougars and bears wouldn't come eat us.
Don't let the picture fool you. That ten is HUGE! And awesome! (Thanks Mom and Dad!) It's like a harry potter tent. It gets bigger when you get inside. Really, though, I can stand up inside. We love it.
 Spencer and James hanging out around the fire.
 Mikayla and Spencer in the morning.
Josh and Carrina
 She's adorable. In every way.
 The whole gang, minus me because I'm taking the picture. :-)
 Josh and Katy making breakfast.

















This is us looking our best in the morning.
 This is more typical. 



 Nice hair, Spencer.

 Did I ever mention that I made some awesome tie dyed sheets for our sleeping bag?
Because I did. This was our first chance to use them, so I never took pictures before.
 He's so good with her.
 It's hard to tell, but she's trying to grab a plant.
 James putting out the fire, Spencer playing with Carrina, and Josh protecting his head from the flies.

















On Saturday we had some awesome breakfast burritos, enjoyed the fire, and then got everything packed up. Spencer and I went home to do our homework. I had a paper to write, and he had some chemistry. When we finished that up we went to Seven Peaks for a while. It was so packed that all we did was hang out in a pool and use the lazy river for a while. I got some good Carrina snuggles in the lazy river. She was loving the water, but tired herself right out. She fell asleep on my shoulder.

Sunday was our second week in our new ward. I met a couple girls in relief society, so that was good. After church we went to Josh and Katy's to see Mikayla before she headed back up to Idaho. She's leaving on her mission at the end of the month, so we don't have very much time left with her. We're gonna miss her a lot.

We had Bekah and Taylor Vogan over for dinner. It was really fun, and I'm so glad we had them over. We ate and played some games, then we just chatted. Until like 11:00. None of us realized that it was so late. I am wondering why we didn't do more with them when we were in our old ward. Aw, well, I guess late is better than never. But really, we didn't do much with anybody. :-) We have future plans to go out for sushi with them some weekend. That might end up being sooner than later. It was a really fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing fun things! Yay for taking a break from studying!

    I didn't know Mikayla was going on a mission! Where is she going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's going to the Las Vegas West mission.

      Delete