Last night Sydney threw us a very cute little gender reveal. This is us finding out! :)
YAY!!
IT'S A GIRL!!
Sydney had so much fun planning how to let us find out, and she did a great job. :) It was fun to visit with her and Ben for a while, too. I'm glad we let her do it for us.
The ultrasound was yesterday morning, and it was great! The tech did a really great job explaining what she was looking at/for and we got to watch the monitor the whole time. I might have shed a tear or two out of happiness. It was amazing to see that little baby on the screen. She wiggled and kicked her feet and wouldn't move her little hands away from her face. They checked out all sorts of stuff and took a bunch of measurements. The tech said that all the measurements were right where they should be -- nice and average. There were no indicators for birth defects or other problems, so we are happy. They did a color overlay to show us the blood flow through her umbilical cord and heart, and the tech counted all four heart chambers. We are feeling so happy and blessed.
So, we're having a baby girl. Last night we spent a while looking at names. We have a few ideas, but now that we know it's a girl, I feel like it's real and we want to make sure we choose the right name. We can't wait to meet her!

the video isn't working!! Thats the best parttt!!! this was so fun thanks for letting me surprise you!!
ReplyDeleteIt's working for me in Chrome... so that's weird. Maybe it just isn't working on your phone?
Delete"I thought it was a boy!!!!"
ReplyDeleteLol Abbey :D
So the video worked for me on Firefox. What a silly way to find out! So happy for you either way, but it makes selecting names and buying clothes easier. In the pre-ultrasound days, we found out at delivery. What a joy either way.
ReplyDeleteYAY! That's fun. And Jane wants one of those candies and I should buy some.
ReplyDeleteThey are cake pops! I'm sure she would like them. haha.
DeleteCongrats Abbey, I'm so happy to hear that you and the baby are alright and that you're building a happy family! The future looks bright for all of you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing!
I am so happy for both of you!! Have fun choosing a name -- that's one of the best parts!! Thanks for sharing with all of us!!
ReplyDelete